Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I think I maybe beginning to disappear.


“I think I maybe beginning to disappear.”

Fiona in the Movie Away from Her

Ah, What grace Dame Julie Christie!!! How wonderfully well she carries herself through this poignant, touching tale of how an elderly couple deals with Alzheimer’s.

Coming to the point, I found this particular quote very pertinent to our own lives. In the movie, the reference is to her fading memory as a consequence of Alzheimer’s. But I seriously think each one of us metamorphoses into newer selves as we grow over the years – the innocent child in us disappears for the burgeoning of the egotistical megalomaniac, who then further makes way for the venal mercenary and the evolution continues. Each of our selves has a latency period before we begin to grow out of them – at least that’s what I think. Anyways, the point is, I think I maybe beginning to disappear.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah what u said is true... how nice it wud be if we rejuvenate again later !!

Aditya said...

@ Saiki

I wanna badly go back into the time cocoon, mate [:)] Got any ideas how???

Anonymous said...

May be the new stage of life in which you step in, has something in store for you !!!

Aditya said...

We'll wait and see.... I'm all excited to start afresh [:)]