Friday, April 07, 2006

Arbit Thoughts

One more week has passed away. Though I wish I could post at the amazing frequency at which 'Who-am-I' does, but then I am self confessedly the laziest bug on earth. And that makes a post all the more difficult. And as the title suggests I have no clue as to what I would be yapping the next few lines. Just have that pinch of patience and Hope you will be through to the end.

Bad news on the homefront! Grandpa was supposed to be discharged today but the things didn't work out as planned. He's caught a fever last night and last time I called mom, she said that he is on 'Oxygen' right now. Sent shivers down my spine when I heard 'oxygen'. I have this peculiar habit of envisioning things that do not exist and things that might happen in future. Makes me go all the more weak on my limbs.

Well, I am starting back home tonight -- Not home exactly, But to Care Hospitals in Vizag, which means a slight change in plans. And then I will have to be back by Monday afternoon for the Mine Surveying lab. So all in all a tough weekend for me.

Inching closer to the dreaded "End-Sems" -- Yeah, The time most Kgpians would want to keep at a distance. Lots and lots to mug. 4 exams the first 2 days -- the 24th and 25th. Could it get any worse???

I came to know last week that additional 27% reservations was being mooted for OBC's in IIT's and IIM's. Can't the goverment leave the caste politics out of IIT's and IIM's??? As if the reservations already present aren't sufficient. Why is the goverment hell bent on breaking the IIT's and IIM's back? What's been absolutely pathetic is the Diro's take on this issue.......

The other eye-catching news was concerning the eye-popping Rs 1 crore salaries the ISB grads drew during their placements. Not one but four such "Crorepatis". Is the ISB well on it's way to overhaul IIM's in their stature??? The complete true Story lies here. A Grad with 10 years experience -- Certainly takes the sheen out of the "Crorepati" tag.

Almost Forgot. We won silver in the Inter hall basketball tournament. Get to know the story behind the silver here. We were outclassed by a top-class team in the final. Lots of lessons to be learnt after the sound thrashing that was meted out to us by our opponents. Yet the silver means a lot, though I would have preferred a different script before it came in hand.

Was subject to some Serious Breach of Privacy... that too coming from trust-worthy quarters. Was seething with fury and sulking for the major part of 2 days. Unexpected Rude Intrusion into personal space -- Nothing can be more irritating than that.

Been a week of a lot of Blog-Browsing.

KS is taking blogging to new heights. Found no words to describe his latest post. It tickled my funny bone, packed a few punches targeted at certain practices and made fun of a crazy development in the blogosphere -- tagging. Check out his satire on Tagging.

Also Found this damn interesting 2 line review about RDB.

REVIEW
Rang De Basanti = The Legend of Bhagat Singh + Yuva
"with much less impact"

FabVocab is shaping up quite nicely. One word per day and the sense of satisfaction I derive out of that -- Quite nice.

Post's got too long and boring I guess. Will be back Monday and hope everything is fine there with Grandpa. Just can't wait to get out of here.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hope ur grand pa s gonna be fine

Deepti Ravi said...

hey! first hope ur grandfather gets better ...

A Grad with 10 years experience -- Certainly takes the sheen out of the "Crorepati" tag.-----
I don't think it takes the sheen out out if... rather .. puts it in the right perspective, doesn't it?????????

Aditya said...

@nag
Keep commenting...... Who else will???

@anonymous,Deepti
Ya, Grandpa is feelin better.... Discharged from hospital. Thanx for ur wishes.

Myndfcukd said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Myndfcukd said...

my first time here. you may be interested to read my reply to your comment on my blog http://unlikelygenius.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

good to see ur grandpa s fine...u are quite lazy,are nt u? why dont u post blogs at a higher frequency ?

naween said...

ah!! but you shouldn't post at the frequency that i do. it's injurious to your health in the long run[:P]