Saturday, April 01, 2006

Did I say I was Busy???

Blogging after a fairly long hiatus. With a heavily loaded week just over, I can see a packed week staring ahead at me. Been quite busy over the last week. So let me recapitulate the hectic week spent.

  • Well, Dear Nag has started blogging -- Click here for his amateur blog. As I commented on your first post -- "Way to go dear!!! For someone who did his entire schooling in Telugu medium, you write quite well and the desire in you deserves Kudos and special mention."
  • Started a new blog -- FabVocab -- one word to learn each day in a sincere attempt to reach the upper echelons of you know what!!!
  • Almost Forgot! The Thermodynamics Mid-Sem marks were out during the week. Got exactly what I expected -- did not deserve even a wee bit more for the effort I put in. Not exactly satisfied though.
  • Rampage got a tad bit upset with the mockery 'we' -- Dave, Shaggy, Nag and others and me -- made out of his "uh!! Huh!! Hun!!" frequent mentions in his posts. Sorry if you were really hurt but then you must learn to take it with a pinch of salt. Secret : He even deleted a few Huh's from his earlier posts and reposted the edited ones, I believe, though he vehemently denies doing so. (Don't ever tell ramp. Or else He is gonna kick my ass)
  • The Thermodynamics Class Test was due this Thursday and I was game for it without even touching the books, without the slightest fear that 20 marks out of 100 hinged on the outcome of this test. Impudent, Impertinent, Shameless!!!!!! Call me whatever you like. Maybe I deserve much worse "gaalis". How the hell on earth did I become so negligent and nonchalant about marks? Don't need to mention how the test went. It's anybody's guess.
  • Yo RK!!! 2 Basketball League matches played. One with Patel. The Other with VGSoM. Won both comfortably even though the scoreline was in favour of our opponents by the end of the first quarter each time. Everytime the team was in a trench, a combination of Common Sense, Rathee and Chochu Prevailed and pulled us out of the rut. Me, as usual, was on the sidelines without being substituted -- No rude jolt this. I was mentally prepared for that. So all this prompted to me being tagged the "WaterBoy", "The CheerLeader" and my being the butt of ridicule of many a joke. Life's a great leveller and I will do get my chances. (Or did they get theirs???)
  • Thursday was Ugadi -- New Year on the Telugu Calendar(Gosh!! When will I understand this calendar???). The Telugu Association of IIT Kgp, organised a get together and a Supper -- So you now know what exactly was on my mind!!! Gorged on the lovely south Indian cuisine -- a rarity in this part of the country. Devoured up to my fill. Must mention the lovely Tomato curry and the sweet -- reminded me of Home in all respects.
  • Finally I managed to get the Consent Letter for pursuing Summer Training In Vishakapatnam Steel Plant. Now the remaining work is to fix up the dates -- Ideally I would like it to be a 3 week training. Only after the dates for this have been fixed, can I go about working on the training at Volvo, Bangalore.
  • Been quite long since my last Telugu movie on my comp. DVD Rip's of Athadu and Ghajini shared on the LAN this week. Saw Ghajini earlier. Hence watched Athadu. Was a Great Entertainer. Was a good movie inspite of the few flaws. Especially liked the character Trisha potrayed -- that ziddi, pompous village belle. Might watch it once again in the near future.
  • Today had SUPER SPECIAL DINNER. It was the Treat that the Final Years were giving us --Their Beloved Juniors -- for all their wonderful achievements. The Music playing in the background as well as The Music System were awful as was the selection of songs. Huge array of dishes to please the palate. But the cooking was awful. Mutton Tikka -- Yuck, Tasted like Saw Dust. Mutton Curry was not wholly cooked. You could get that odd raw smell. Rice and Veg curries were so-so. Desserts-- Rabdi, Gulab Jamun, Jalebi and ICE CREAMS -- were the best part though.
  • Waited impatiently for 'something', irritated someone a lot for that specific 'something' and it's yet to fall in my hands.
  • And something I got to know just a few hours back. Grandpa is admitted in the hospital in Vizag. Nothing Serious is what Mom had to say, Just old age and cardiac Problems. He's been put under Observation for a few days. Suddenly there is gloominess all around, The heart grows heavy, Miss you all a lot. Love you Grandpa, Do get well soon. Feels Bad that I can't be there with you atleast in such situations. Looking forward to coming home at the earliest and seeing you in full health. Awaiting that cherished sweet talk with you in the balcony.
Languishing here without knowing what to do during the weekend. Another Busy week ahead as I said. 2 Baski matches the next 2 days. Need to complete a C program -- Mechanisms n Machines Submission most probably next week. Mine Surveying Chart to be made. Probability Class Test on Friday. So what do I do next???
Time is the best healer, they say. So lemme watch a movie now. Time will take care of the rest.

6 comments:

Aravind said...

hmm....
u know i dont hve da habit of reading of other's dairyz.. but thru this blog u made me feel like i was reading sucha thing... wasnt at all comfortable :P
ny ways, I AM GONNA KICK UR ASS

Anonymous said...

re adi..iam going to bang ur face like anything if u comment aravind,my best friend..understand...huh???:P
well that is a nice post raa..feels like a ff of a few pages from ur dairy...hope everything will be alright with ur grandpa and ofcourse ur classtest too!!!

Aditya said...

@nag
Hehe... "You rocked midsem"...... Did I?? no ways.. Maybe mine were just that lil' bit better than yours n thats about it.

@aravind
Not comfortable reading the post!!! huh.... or were ya not comfortable abt my mentioning how you got heated up... Yup I didn't mention that right!!! Anyways i am preparing my ass (making it that much sound and steelier) to recieve ya smack... hehe... lite le

@giri
This is a comment column.. not the time to exact revenge on ya best friend (Who else but ramp) and make fun out of him!!!! hehe... seriously speaking that was a cool comment.

Anonymous said...

hehhe water boy u rok..nobody changes the score as fast as u do :P..never mind ull be thr in , next yr..im sure bout this ..may ur grandpa recover soon..ur write up is like a quick glance at last week and in future a look out at one of my precious week here ..hehe ramp tera lega..be ready !!

naween said...

well, the super-special was indeed awful, especially for the non-vegetarians. we had so very special super-specials last year. but worry not, i heard that chicken is gonna return for the next one. let's hope for the best.

Anonymous said...

howz ur grandpa ? dont worry everything will be alright.God is good.anyway gud going continue writing ur experiences.its highly enjoyable reading them.