Sunday, March 12, 2006

It's been a Pleasure Writing this out!!!!!

Some great feelings that make my life worthwhile…………..

When I return home from hostel, say after 4 months or so, and I find mom, dad, grandma and grandpa waiting eagerly at home – keeping on hold their busy work schedule. When mom hugs me hard and says, “Feels like ages ra, kanna. Feels great to have you back.” When grandma invariably has to say “You’ve grown weak and thin” irrespective of whether I have gained weight or lost it.

Late night dinner on the couch -- The 5 of us together -- discussing various topics ranging from human psychology to academics to politics to sports to even my girlfriends and sometimes when dad shifts off to the prospective daughter-in-law in waiting!!! That’s sheer fun.

When I sit on grandpa’s lap (and he is on his special stool in the balcony) and we explore the world looking at the same old neighbourhood that has been the same for ages, yet find something new to rant about.

Watering plants on the 2nd floor roof top along with mom in the evening. Fighting it out for the television remote with papa. That’s fun. …. Haan almost forgot….. Inviting grandpa to watch WWE (wrestling) along with me…. He loves that and so do I.

When I can see mom hurriedly trying to make something in the kitchen, even when she has got to go on her work – the sense of satisfaction fills you up, the love on her face shows. When my cell rings at home and mom is like “Is that your girlfriend??? Won’t you introduce me to her??”….. When I can smell the aroma of “Keema Fried Rice” – This onez my mom’s speciality – that wafts through the air to my room early morning (I mean 10 or so)…. And then the heavenly taste of that in my watering mouth…. When mom advises me about life, about the world and the many ways of the world…….. Seeing Mom and Dad playing pranks on each other… quite kiddo at times they are and it’s always fun seeing them like that. When we, as a family, go out to a movie….. When I see my mom exploding in tears for the silliest of emotional scenes and when I hand out the hand kerchief and she smiles…. Later when we have a great dinner somewhere outside.

Speaking to mom over the phone when away from home (I’ve been in hostel almost all my life and this is the 15th year). When mom scolds me for taking too long a break before calling her (a gap of 2 days is enough for her to term it long)......When I hear dad proudly tell people around him “my son is in IIT.”…..

When we sit in the room and gossip about irrelevant stuff in the hostel…. When someone says “Let’s go Billoo’s/Sup Dup/ wherever. Today’s mess khana sucks”…… When does it taste good in the first place? Late night walk down to Chhedis. Chatting over a Tinku about what not….
On the Vidhan Chowk Lawns with “Da Gang” having nothing else to do on earth…. Just for some casual bhaat….. When I bunk a class for some extra sleep…. When I submit some assignment I just copied from some maggu, alongside him……

When I complete some long pending work… When I lie on the bed after a tiring day….. When I sleep…sleep and sleep …. I love my deep slumbers…. Those 10 -12 hrs continuously in my dreams…. Love the smell of the earth before it rains… the fragrance rocks…… When I put my nose on the fuel lid of bikes to smell some petrol…. The weirdo that I am….

When I find someone waiting online anxiously for me….. When someone wishes me on my minute accomplishments…. When my phone keeps ringing for about an hour on the zeroth hour of my birthday, courtesy the amazing friends I have….When I am on my way to Vijayawada during the holidays to meet my aunt, uncle, akka and also Surya and Khan, when I reminisce of our school days…. When I remember how Miss Brijit and Bro Jaico would try instilling some good qualities in us….. When I am out for a cinema with my friends in Vijayawada….. When we roam the streets on the bikes doing nothing…. The sweet times at Baker’s Inn…. The times I again think of those lovely school days…….

Having fun with akka(my cousin, though I consider her my own)… playing pranks on her, running off after smacking her, calling her names, pulling her knee length braided hair and at the end of it all when I sleep in her lap after all the mischief…… seeing the smile on her face….. Nothing more heartening than that smile…. Well I cannot put all those feelings in the words… I’d be surely making an understatement.

Time I spend with sweet kiddo cousins….. listening to their gibberish talk…. Nothing sweeter than that… The sight of a nice comment to my post… any word of encouragement when I am down and out….When someone asks me “Post soon and do tell me what it is all about before hand!!!”……

I can go on filling pages and pages… Maybe I will add some more later….So lemme stop here… By the way, What are yours???

10 comments:

Aravind said...

gr8 topic to write about in da first place... u know it feels really pleasant after reading such writings.. thnx buddy for bringing back my sweet memories... and yeah when i asked u before hand to tell me the topic and when u asked to wait and read, i knew u had something good in store for us :).... the writing and language apart, the topic u have choosen to write has left an impression .. gr8 going SHARED

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm....everybody has their words to write a gud comment except me...but i cudn't escape from writing this comment...1st of all 6 cheers to Adi (PJ :P).U have been doing nice work,it'll make everybody reminisce(i learnt this word jus after reading this post) their sweet memories n forget loads of worries(if any)while readin this post...Oh my god!!! me too gettin words after readin this blog...common Aadi we r waitin 4 ur next post...i have to learn english quickly...

Anonymous said...

I really felt after as I went on reading this blog as if I am with my family.Thanks raa for ur efforts put in to explore the minute golden moments of human existence that prove to be the gems forever.BUT.......hmmm...u missed one thing raa.Where have u mentioned ur happy moments with.........(anna univ)

Aditya said...

@aravind
waiting for something similar soon....

@dark
hey rajesh why such a gloomy name...

@nag
u truly rock baby.... U are getting better with time dude... trust me

@saikiran
thanx for being the one to read my blog regularly... and nice to know u felt nostalgic as well....

Anonymous said...

u know i had a smile on my face througout reading this post....u presented it in a very gud manner..i loved it...and i thank u this time fr keeping it short :))......

sonik said...

wonderful! reading about your wonderful moments reminded me about my wonderful moments. Mebbe i'll write em down some day.

and yeah u write wonderfully. gee my first comment in ur blog.

Aditya said...

@Ajay
better be braced up for the bigger ones to follow

@sonik
nice that u commented.... as i said feels good when i hear an encouraging comment to my post...

Shashi Iyer said...

:)... i guess everyone can relate.

Anonymous said...

Macha...Tht was awesome..I could see everything in front of my eyes..Who z sravani da??U didn tell me..Ur narrating skills are superb..I won't be exaggerating if i say,u'll write a better book than "Five point someone"after ur graduation,with all those beautiful nostalgic memories!!!What say?Kudos macha..Adi rockz!!!

Aditya said...

@romantic by twilight
hope everyone can relate and relive those joyous moments. nice that it cud strike a chord with you

@srikanth
thanx baby... as i reread what i've written, makes me wanna go home now... jus like the khana in the mess makes ya think

@vamsidhar
haha u are exaggerating... but still one post i will write one day -- a lamba one -- abt life in nalanda and also abt a phenom called vamsidhar