Thursday, March 02, 2006

FRIENDSHIP – THE FLAVOUR OF THE WEEK

It’s almost that time of the year when the seniors (4th and the 5th years) are busy job-hunting with the majority placed already by now. This is the time of the year where the sweet memories come rushing back. Strong hormone surges in the brain makes us wonder whether we can live to see such days again. Still having 2 more years to go with my stay here in KGP, I am anxiously looking forward to the day when I set out to attain loftier goals I have set for myself. Again, why am I drifting away from what I had to say?

Just wanted to say one of my personal favourites, something that plays quite a few times everyday on my Comp…, caught the emotions and piquant nature of the situation quite superbly in its lyrics. A must listen for every music lover. I like enjoying the emotions carried by the lyrics.

Here it goes

Song by VITAMIN C







Titled "Graduation (Friends Forever)"

And so we talked all night about the rest of our lives
Where we're gonna be when we turn 25
I keep thinking times will never change
Keep on thinking things will always be the same
But when we leave this year we won't be coming back
No more hanging out cause we're on a different track
And if you got something that you need to say

You better say it right now cause you don't have another day
Cause we're moving on and we can't slow down
These memories are playing like a film without sound
And I keep thinking of that night in June
I didn't know much of love
But it came too soon

And there was me and you
And then we got real blue
Stay at home talking on the telephone
We'd get so excited, we'd get so scared
Laughing at ourselves thinking life's not fair
And this is how it feels

[1] - As we go on
We remember
All the times we
Had together
And as our lives change
Come Whatever

We will still be
Friends Forever
So if we get the big jobs
And we make the big money
When we look back now
Will our jokes still be funny?
Will we still remember everything we learned in school?
Still be trying to break every single rule

Will little brainy Bobby be the stockbroker man?
Can Heather find a job that won't interfere with her tan?
I keep, I keep thinking that it's not goodbye
Keep on thinking it's a time to fly
And this is how it feels
La, la, la, la:
Yeah, yeah, yeah
La, la, la, la:
We will still be friends forever

Will we think about tomorrow like we think about now?
Can we survive it out there?
Can we make it somehow?
I guess I thought that this would never end
And suddenly it's like we're women and men
Will the past be a shadow that will follow us 'round?
Will these memories fade when I leave this town
I keep, I keep thinking that it's not goodbye
Keep on thinking it's a time to fly







For those of you who haven’t heard the song before, I recommend it’s a must listen. For those of you who have heard this before I guess you share the same feelings as me and that you echo my thoughts.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

VERY HEART TOUCHING SONG YAAR!!!!!!!!! REALLY MANY MANY THANKS FOR GIFTING UR READERS WITH SUCH WONDERFUL THINGS DAY BY DAY THROUGH UR SO POPULAR BLOG.KEEP IT UP.I GENERALLY DONT SEE ENGLISH A/V BUT UR CHOICES ARE ULTIMATE.BY THE WAY WILL U PLZZZ GIMME THE LIST OF MORE OF SUCH WONDERFUL SONGS?? BUT INDEED BELIEVE ME I HAD ALMOST GOOSEBUMPS LISTENING TO THIS SONG..MANY MANY THANKS AGAIN.

Aditya said...

@sai
yeah.. will keep posting my likes and dislikes...

Anonymous said...

Dude.... Something brought me to this post again .... !!!! FRIENDS FOREVER