Saturday, March 11, 2006

Confused!!!!!!!

Confused!!! Now what do I write...... Saw Crash yesterday in the afternoon after a "We've got nothing to do here" Forming Lab and then later Saw RDB early morning today(or late night yesterday) for the first time (The DVDrip was made available on our beloved DC++ only yesterday and I had to see it the day it was there... No excuses)-- Yeah that sick RANG DE BASANTI.... maybe that is why I am confused.

How could people lap up a movie with such a blatantly false message??? What the director was trying to put across got me really mad. Watching Aamir Khan as a college going punk(Where's the college shown in the first place???), lovey-dovey Siddarth with that "I-dunno-what-to-do-n-I-dontcare" looks got me very nauseant. And people are calling it the best thing ever coming out of Bollywood. Not a patch on some of my most loved Hindi movies (DCH, HumTum, Swades, Bluffmaster.... in no specific order). Was a bad choice I felt. (Saw this one from 12 to 3 in the night.... was yawning all through and was scratching my head at the intermission point as to what the story was that far!!!). Could have utilised the time a little bit better -- obviously by watching some better movie. I know I need to be ready for some brickbats for saying so much.... But I think there are enough people of my tribe -- those who hate RDB fiercely.

I am not done with this. Will come out with an extensive review of RDB, Crash and Brokeback Mountain -- the most talked about movies in the recent past -- RDB
for its message to the youth, Crash for winning the best movie Oscar and Brokeback for losing to Crash even after being a firm favourite. I have seen Crash and RDB. So Brokeback soon -- Promise you will not need to wait much before that is out!!!

And, meanwhile Capote and Walk The Line can wait for sometime.

Still Confused!!!! What do I further write about..........

Aravind says, "Babu, Inkosari aa social service messageslu rasi blog lo mammalni champaku ra" (Please dont kill us with your social messages one more time.)

As a result of my previous post on the BLANK NOISE PROJECT, I have been getting diverse reactions. People are like "When have you become a saint???". "Hey these don't suit you at all." For the people mocking me for being a saint... I am no saint but I am doing whatever little I can. And there are people who genuinely seem to appreciate the effort. Thanks a lot. I can also find many like me opening their eyes as to whats happening around.

I am also getting to know new things. A few friends, ofcourse females, have either mailed or called up, laughed at my ignorance, and told me things they have never ever told -- about the experiences they have had. Well, that wasn't so unexpected I guess. "How could you have not bothered about this so long???", asked one friend. Well, guess I opened my eyes right now.

Ok Ok enough of moral lessons. Otherwise Aravind is gonna smack me on my head I guess. He'd already be fuming over my rubbishing RDB and then for also for writing this crap here.

Been following news on IIM-A's Day Zero -- The first day of placement on the elite campus. I'd love to be there someday as a proud student of the ginormous institute(Have a lot of time before I can fulfil that dream and meanwhile, am ardently following my seniors going through the GD and interview phase). There has been a new recruitment complex constructed for the process, keeping the mediapersons away. Yet there is enough news on the net speaking about the salaries offered. Just have a look at the companies on Day Zero -- Lehman Brothers, McKinsey and Co, Barclays, Credit Suisse Boston, Deutsche Bank, Merrill Lynch, USB Warburg Pincus, Bain & Co, ABN Amro Singapore, Barings Bank, Boston Consulting Group, Booz Allen Hamilton, BP Singapore, Citigroup,AT Kearney and we dunno who else.

Whopping pay packets and Glittering Career prospects. Highest of $1,85,000 prospective offer from Barings Bank and a highest domestic pay of Rs 20 lakh... That's big bucks for sure. 100 offers from around 20 companies and thats the status after Day Zero. Who wouldn't want to be there -- I would give my everything to be there. Though ethically speaking you ought to be there for the love of doing an MBA and not the money!!! I agree, but the pay packets play a lot on your mind I guess. Anyways I always thought of doing my MBA. Sometimes I regret having taken to the sciences after class 10. Family pride and prestige drove me away from my love -- humanities and economics. Otherwise I would have given CAT last november. Though I sometimes regret not having done humanities, I am happy with myself. You don't need to complain being an IITian. Maybe the charisma of this great institute attracted me enough to let leave my true love.

Was also looking at the India England Scorecard at cricinfo. Sachin Tendulkar fails once again in the first innings in the second test vs England at Mohali.... I Don't follow cricket upclose. But then I love the way this man carries himself on and off the field. 2 of my most loved sportsmen -- Sachin and Pete Sampras -- have one thing in common. They speak less and do all their talking on the field, with the bat and the racquet, respectively. And I love them for that. Well, Sachin!!! It happens always I guess. 2 hundreds in 2 years is too little for this champion batsman. Hit back fast at the earliest, Sachin. Just can't see you struggling out there.

Well, That brings me to the other legend -- Michael Schumacher. Another F1 season got underway yesterday with the Bahrain Grand Prix. And Yippeee!!! Schumacher grabs pole and teammate Felipe Massa sharing the front row with him. Way to go Ferrari. The staunch Schumi n Ferrari fan that I am, couldn't have asked for a better start for the season. Schumi, Just go on firing all cylinders and hopefully the Driver's and Constructor's Championship will be back at the Scuderia soon.

I never miss out on a F1 race when I am home and Dad never goes without taking a dig at me, perplexed by my love for the sport. "How come do you feel like watching the same car whizz past over and over on a clean road with almost no traffic repeatedly???", he asks. I got no answers but then I love the sport and thats the bottomline.

Still Confused!!! Why do I need to put up such a confused skewed concoction of likes, hates, life, moral values, sports, sportsmen and what not!!! Hopelessly confused.. Confused with life. Maybe I have nothing to do and thats why I am confused!!! So am I jobless???

Haan, exactly...... exactly that word sums it all up -- Jobless. Think I do know that I have a Mine Surveying Lab test Monday and an extract to write for the MOTOFWRD competition. Still...... I can call myself Jobless I guess. In IIT everyone's jobless all the time I guess -- Nothing seems to bother us -- Anyways.... A movie would be fine now to satiate my joblessness right now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

mama chadive opika ledhu..

Aravind said...

nice one buddy
felt like i read yesterday's newspaper .. hehe ... jas kidding
man u write beautifully whatever may be the crap u r writing...
and yeah plzzz again stop social messages....

Anonymous said...

intha pedda pedda articles raayadaaniki opika techchukunanduku neeku hats off ra mama.