Wednesday, November 29, 2006

DOWN..... OUT..... 'N' MIGHTY TIRED......

Exams can do a lot to one's psyche. They intimidate you. They terrorise you. They punch you in the face, kick you hard in the gut, effect a KO. The VOLUME of material/books you ought to study to maintain your not-so-great, yet respectable CG(Another 2 dreaded letters) and the TIME you've got on your hands are utterly dispropotionate. For once you are brought down to earth. You get to know ground realities.

Having bunked classes at a feverish pace, sitting right at the back and dreaming (in some cases, sleeping right under the professor's nose) in the very few classes you manage to drag yourself to, just for the sake of an attendance, hardly helps. It desperately feels like a Failed Journey, even before you take-off. Exams are still those dreaded few letters themselves...."EXAMS".

Exams make you sit down and study. For once you open your books. For once you feel you are in HERE with a purpose. You get reminded you are here to get moulded into a MANUFACTURING ENGINEER. And then you realise, you weren't meant to take this shit.

Huh!!! How one wished there weren't any exams. There are far better ways to grade a person, I believe. And I stubbornly believe that CG isn't a true reflection of either a person's technical skills, expertise, grip on the subject, his potential or ability. It might be an indicator of the hardwork he'd put in. Even that can't be said for sure. A Controversial Topic to deal with. I agree. But then I'd really like some other alternative for these exams. Being a Junior Student right now, I shouldn't be sulking and fretting over all these. 5th semester has come to a close and there are 3 more semesters to go. Entering the most crucial phase of my Course(Training and Placement right ahead), I just need to brace myself, command all energy and stamina, race the pack already a fair distance ahead of me and hopefully put up a good fight. By now, you must be saying, "Stop sulking and Put up a fight you @$$."

YEAH!!! I DID. I did it this time around. Relax. It was just a good fight though. I concentrated all my energies, studied hard, put the thoughts behind, worked my ass off on all courses -- only during the exam time though, I must remind. But then I am not sure if it was worth it. The distance will still remain. The gap just isn't looking like its going to diminish. I even didn't go for Ravi's Birthday treat. (Sorry DUDE!!! I wasn't bent on disrupting your party plans but then it just didn't fit into my scheme of things.) But then even though I sound like a soldier wounded or a defeated boxer I am really not worrying about the result. It just feels good having given your best. It was just for one week, I know. But it has been long since I’d done that and it’s quite satisfying. The "working off my ass" has also left me DOWN…. OUT…. And MIGHTY TIRED.

I'd be quite happy if I don't just slip up though...Well, even that isn't in my hands. To hell with the results.........Now for some rest!!!

P.S : The actual version I'd written was quite big and infact boring (Not that this isn't). Hence I edited an incident I'd written about out of this and reposted it below. If you aren't exhausted having read this crap, then test the limits of your patience. See if you can finish the crap below this too.....

1 comment:

Krithika said...

absolutely..I wish the same..and u're done with 5 semesters!! boyoboyboy!thats a lot..me..wading thru the 3rd one only now.anyways..good luck for the results