Monday, November 13, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM

Words can’t truly express what I want to blurt out right this instant.

MOM, You have been my biggest source of inspiration and you will remain the single most influential person in my life – and I mean it in every sense of the word. I truly cherish the camaraderie we share. Everything I am right now is all because of what you had done for me – the numerous sacrifices, the heart breaking distances, the setbacks you braved, the love and care you showed. As you step into one more glorious year of your life, Your Birthday gives me a platform to reminisce the very many things that shaped my life -- the advice, the letters, the silly fights, the love, the anger and countless others. Let me thank you for all that you have done. And I am proud of you. Have a wonderful Birthday. YOU ARE MY HERO.

P.S : The pic here is of the card I’d carefully handpicked for MOM the last time I was in Kolkata…. But then I decided against mailing her. I just thought it wasn’t the right time to send a card especially when the whole household is shrouded in grief. Maybe I will make use of it for her birthday next year.

5 comments:

Tanks said...

Dude....gud one..
nice expression of motherly effection.
i don have ne such kinda experiences as yet but like to present one though one gud feb to my mom , not this yr..but may be after i've done everything that needs to be...great one.bye

Anonymous said...

beautiful! even i made a b'day card for my mom, myself. its more the result of exam and deadline frustness than wishing her, but i hope she likes it. [:)]

Krithika said...

okay..happy bday 2 ur mom! i'm sure she'd be even more delighted if she reads this post

Aditya said...

@Tanku
Lotta ways to please her and I know u can achieve that thro' certain accomplishments.

@Sonik
Nay, I dint make this one... But I'd written a small poem... Though It hasnt been used and I am too shy to expose that on my blog.... that is something only my mom will understand and realise how much I truly love her.

@Krithika
I generally keep my blog away from my relatives. Dunno but I've never mentioned my blog to ne of them.
Maybe I pour out my grief and vent my frustrations at having committed mistakes on my blog and maybe that is why I dont want them to see this crap!!!

Vivek Raj said...

Hey adi thats a good posting..Happy b'day to aunt.