Thursday, June 14, 2007

Oh.... Wow O Wow !!!

This feels real good. A Huge Morale Booster especially at a time when I am pondering at all the unwise steps I took during the course of my life.
The Outlook-CNN-IBN poll places IIT Kharagpur back at the Numero Uno position in the Engineering College rankings. Back to the top. I still remember those message T-shirts junta used to flaunt when I was in my first year, proudly proclaiming, "IIT Kgp....Lonely at the Top" . Then there was the fall from grace!!! Slowly the tees vanished too.


I still cannot comprehend how these rankings are done and how the jugglery of the top 5 IIT's can happen in the rankings each year when there isn't much of a change in the way each IIT functions. Maybe just a little bit of infrastructure addition -- which appears to be of the same magnitude in all the IIT's because they have very similar fund allocations. How much ever the rankings and the ranking system may puzzle me, it is so refreshing to see my dear insti back at the top of the ladder. All I needed was a reason to move out of the gloominess and what better reason than this. Has pepped up my spirits and got me kicking.
Addendum: As if one isn't sufficient, here goes another--The Dataquest Rankings where IIT Kgp again tops the charts. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nag ...

Yo KGP yooooo... Finally a good news about our Insti, Nice to here this news and lets hope for bright placements too...

Anonymous said...

Thats great really.. And it much more brings happiness to any guy at abroad like me and hearing something about my own institute in India.Yo Kgp..

Twilight Fairy said...

and hey..
you've been tagged
... c'mon play along...

Anonymous said...

Hey dude !! What happened no blogs since long period !!!