Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The 8RF Game...

I've been tagged by Twilight Fairy....

Here are the rules:

1.Players start with 8 random facts about themselves.
2.Those who are tagged should post these rules and their 8 random facts.
3.Players should tag 8 other people and notify them they have been tagged.

Now that I have had my fill of "lazing and relaxing" after the rigours of the last fortnight of my intern, it's time to return to the usual mode of life. Any more lazing around and I will just be boring myself to death. So here goes 8 random facts about me.

1. Last 7 days Liquid Consumption Stats

Aerated Drinks (Coke/Thums Up/Appy Fizz) --
22 bottles (500ml each or is it 600???)
(Just back after counting the bottles heap in the kitchen)
Water --
Hardly 2 such bottles.

Me on a lonely island with an unlimited supply of softdrinks -- I'm sure I can make it through.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. I seriously believe that my favourite sporting heroes are jinxed when I watch them live.
Like the only ball of the 2003 cricket WC tournament that I watched live, Sachin Tendulkar was out to Shoaib Akhtar. I sauntered to the television room when he was on the verge of his century and then it was all over!!! :(
Federer lost the French Open 2006 while I watched it live and Schumi's engine blew in the Japanese GP last year denying him his rightful title.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3. I suppose I am low on self esteem. I deride myself a huge deal in front of others. I seriously do not know if I consider myself a weaker earthling than the person(s) in front or if the derision I heap on myself is a result of my insecurity and fear of failure.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4. I am a loner. Being an only child, I have no idea as to what it feels like having a brother or a sister. I long to be pampered. I wish to pamper someone and feel protective about that person. I seriously wish I had a brother or a sister. But then again, being an only child always comes attached with lots of goodies -- and so I'm not complaining too much.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5. I don't know if this is normal. But I have never had any crushes all my life -- be it cine stars, classmates or whoever whatever.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6. I used to be a sucker for marks. Topping the class was all I used to think of and subsequently put a lot of pressure on myself.
I was always the topper of my class until I set foot in the rarefied hallows of IIT -- where I broke free off my self imposed shackles and topping the class has never been on my agenda since.
I still remember vividly the incident when I scored 16 1/4 marks in Telugu during a unit test and my competitors for the first rank scored 16 3/4 marks in the same. I cried so badly for the half mark they'd gained on me, that I threw up in the class, much to the embarrassment of the teacher and myself.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7. My last year of stay at Kharagpur will be the 17th year of hostel life for me. 17 of 21. That's a huge number, I guess. I'd bet I have seen a huge array of people than the average person and the whole melange of characters from the motley crowd that has passed by me has made me quite worldly wise.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
8. I write long e-mails and long letters -- but the recipients haven't ever complained about their length.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whoooo!!! Didn't know I had to slog out so hard at that one.
And finding 8 more people :O
Well, let's save that for another day.

Powered by ScribeFire.

7 comments:

Twilight Fairy said...

in my 6th.. i got first... the second ranker lost by 1/4th.. he cried a lot (at home tho)... :)

btw nice facts...

Aditya said...

@Twilight Fairy

Sounds crazy the whole episode of puking in the class and later cutting my thumb so as to bunk the social exam.... but my warden wouldn't let me!!! So I had to write the last exam with a bleeding thumb... and I still managed to top the class. (Made up in the other subjects.)

Thx due to you neways!!! :)

Twilight Fairy said...

:)
hey you got your visualDNA...!!!

Twilight Fairy said...

hey btw.. that guy who came second left school in his 7th n went outta state... 6 to 7 yrs later i ran into him again... guess whr.. IIT Madras !!!

Aditya said...

@ Twilight Fairy

That sure is one helluva story!!!
ROTFL.... And did the rivalry continue???

Leela said...

let me guess.. u saw the india vs bangladesh match too?! you write long RF too!

Aditya said...

@ Leela

I don't watch much of cricket. And I sure do not like India losing. So I skipped that match... No blame on me whatsoever for the WC fiasco.

I noticed my long RF's... hence the last RF struck me

Long reply too I guess. Thnx for droppin by neways. :)