Friday, July 20, 2007

The Impregnable Fortress

Another semester has arrived and we are back to the customary routine. How easily we slip into the routine after a lazy holiday still astounds me.

Just like every other semester, this one too promises to be a harbinger of many good things, nay great things -- I am just required to put in the requisite hard work. Pronouncing this sem the key to my entire future would be making an understatement. With my GRE scheduled for October and then CAT for November followed by the Placement season all December, this one promises to be a make or break sem. My entire future hinges on these few months ahead.

So for now, all I am doing is HOPE -- hope that everything turns out right. Here I can't refrain from this inspirational quote from one of my favourite movies of all time, The Shawshank Redemption -- Andy Dufresne's immortal lines to Red.
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."
So, as I sign off with Hope, wish me luck, my friends, in my endeavours.

Song in the background : Umbrella by Rihanna feat. Jay-Z

P.S: Oops!!! I almost forgot. The title......
The Impregnable Fortress = a 9 point SGPA
This is something that I have come so close to achieving the last two sems but one which still conveniently eludes me. I still have 2 more shots at it though-- still it feels a lil' painful having 'just' missed the mark, twice at that.

Powered by ScribeFire.

7 comments:

Leela said...

RE:
:P naa, got used to it i guess. :D

Leela said...

"How easily we slip into the routine after a lazy holiday still astounds me" thats a relief! i thought id miss all the morn classes this sem..

All the best! :D

Aditya said...

@ Leela

Jus back from a 7 30 class. Had to literally kick myself outta bed. I didn't mean attending morning classes would be easy. I just meant that we'd be dragging ourselves to the morning classes -- as usual!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey adi, Congrats for ur SGPA.All the best for ur preparation and dont worry u will have ur IIM-A seat, I am sure of it..

Leela said...

Thats not exactly what i wanted to hear..er read on the night before my 1st day of sem3. :|

Aditya said...

@Saiki

Thnx for the wishes... No comment on what you jus said tho' ;)

@ Leela

So how is the sem panning out??? Share some experiences here :P

Leela said...

acads toh pretty boring so far.. everything else fine. :) et vous? check out my blog. i put up a Bang! counter! :D