Thursday, August 02, 2007

Roger Federer -- The Artist

I'd been wanting to write something about Federer for quite some time now. But then, With my limited vocab, I feared I would just be belittling the sublime artistry of the wonderful champion. His mind-numbing repertoire and arsenal of shots, his ability to change gears in a jiffy, his on court cool, calm and collected disposition, his amazing handling of pressure situations, his off court charity works, his body language and attitude, his respect for the legends as well as his peers, the humour and humility preset in his press conferences, his striking looks, his gorgeous smile...... Ooh!!! I can go on and on.

But then before I say anything more about the master, all his greatness is encompassed in this absolutely wonderful NIKE Ad. With a voice over by Tiger Woods and the absolutely apt music, this ad has been one of the best I have seen over the years. The twist at the end makes it all the more worthwhile.

P.S : For all the Nadal fans and Sampras aficionados, I truly admire them both too. Let's not compare Sampras and Federer. They were the best of their generation. How they would have fared if pitted against each other in their primes is just fodder for speculation. And Nadal is undoubtedly the best clay courter ever and might catch up with Federer very soon on the other surfaces as well. Love his fighting spirit.

1 comment:

Leela said...

RE:
:| Just when i thought it couldn't get worse!