Saturday, March 31, 2007

POWER is like doing DRUGS

"Power tends to corrupt.
Absolute power Corrupts absolutely."


Just the slightest hint of
power seems to set off a chemical reaction in the head of any/every person bestowed with it. It's hard to stay away from sinning as a result of that "Chemical Locha". Even if it is just trivial powers you have, I'd bet, it is insanely impossible to prevent yourself from nepotism, swindling as well as quite hard maintaining a docile head all through.

Power is like doing drugs.
Once you've had little, you want more.
Once you've had it, you're no more YOU.

The past few months, I've accidentally stumbled upon seemingly innocuous and nice people -- I'd have vouched for their sincerity and steadfastness before they were in power --, being the cause of some astonishingly unimaginable acts, after power had been thrust on them. Power can change most people -- 180 degree the persona changes. One just can't help.

Those already corrupt and knowing the privileges
power carries along with it go to any depths to possess it. I don't want to get any controversial but then a respectable college going guy cleaning seniors' plates for being a part of a committee of 20 people. Just Yuck!!! It's so demeaning oneself. Surely there must be better ways of making it to the destination. And if there aren't any, it only means that the system is highly flawed and needs a change.

So those of you who have mistakenly stumbled upon this and might assume "
Power" in the near future -- Just review your self every now and then once you get the clout in your hands and please do keep the degree of nepotism, swindling and all that down to the bare minimum and more importantly, you would do with a sane head on your shoulders, because as I already emphasized power corrupts anybody -- You, Me or Anybody else on Planet Earth.

P.S:
Power hasn't spared me either. Being the SPL (School Pupil Leader) in my class 10, I used to favour my friends in many aspects -- guilty on several charges of nepotism.

Powered by ScribeFire.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehe Adii suddenly veered away from ya actual style..Ok anyways this one brought some real things..Yeah even I have been guilty of that nepotism ..

Anonymous said...

its totally human to deviate from the set course of goodness, power is just the key that turns the ignition :)

Aditya said...

@Saiki
Power sucks!!! Now since I am out of it, I hate not having it and also those possessing it. ;)

@Sonik
Does it all have to be about oneself??? Power can be used for many other purposes I guess.