Sunday, March 04, 2007

Varied Hues of Life !!!



Life is so colourful. My saying that wouldn't be much of a surprise, given today is Holi -- The festival soaked with colours and to me, more the festival of freeing the spirit and revelling in the joy of it.

It's my 3rd Holi here at Kgp and maybe that was why I wasn't so very enthusiastic about it this year. So were a few other friends who'd, I might say become used to hullabaloo surrounding the event every year. So with kind of dampened spirits we just strode out, got our shirts torn (This time my shorts were spared however) and had a few photos taken. Mild Fun, I must say!!!


If Holi wasn't that fabulous, then why was I ranting about Life being so colorful??? Well, it has to do with the various other happenings in my life. And don't be mislead. Colourful doesn't always need to mean groundbreaking achievements or shout aloud stories. Just having had a myriad of emotions to go through and also a mix of events taking place made me wonder truly how varied, multi-layered and multi-coloured LIFE was turning out to be.

This summer, am headed to TATA ELXSI, Bangalore for my 2 month summer internship. It wasn't my preferred destination in any case but then that was the best intern in Bangalore that my CG could garner me. How I finally got to choose ELXSI can form the basis for another post -- a long story. There were just four guys ahead of me on the CG basis and four of them grabbed all the companies in Bangalore that paid heavily. Heights of BAD LUCK, you can say!!! Am Bestowed with loads of that. At first, I was cursing my fate, my non-commitment to studies during the first and second years and what not. But then as time goes by, I realize I am not in a bad spot after all. I am beginning to like what I got -- not that I am forcing myself to. It's just that their field of work and their workplace excite me. So finally no qualms and it's a nice feeling!!! :)
And do check out their website. I started loving the company once I saw the website!!!

Another achievement I must rant about here is my getting insanely high marks in a mid-semester examination in KGP. This midsem I almost had a cent percent score in a subject in which I badly wanted to score. A FIRST for me in many respects (in KGP). A huge MORALE BOOSTER for my endsems, but I better hope the other subjects that I'd not performed satisfactorily won't turn out to ruin my party.

Project work is on in FULL SWING!!! Deadlines to match and Loads of stuff to read. Only the mind is not willing to co-operate. I was googling and downloading stuff for my project having bunked the InterHall Basketball practice, hoping to find something substantial for my project and lo, I am here blogging it out. Which reminds me of tomorrow's deadline. So let me bid goodbye and get back to doing something more purposeful.

Auf Widersehen.

And hope to blog more regularly (and hopefully not morose stuff like this!!!)

powered by performancing firefox

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

First congrats on scoring cent % ...i dont say it's hard but definitely acc. to me it's not that easy to score.If an 8 pointer doesnt get a good intern/job then its system's fault..y shud u curse urself ? The numb minds of profs. and diro are costing our careers dearly.Wateva just luv wat uve got..even i liked the site very much.I hope ull have a nice time thr...and coming to "holi crap" even i had da same feeling....

Unknown said...

Nice to see u taking things coming in ur way positively and looking forward to prosper in them. Gud aadi so u started ur progress towards a 10 pointer in this sem from midsem onwards... Congrats for ur cent percent.

Aditya said...

@Street
Everyone's earning lots during the 2 month period babes. Looks like I am the only unlucky guy!!! :(

@Saiki
10 pointer.... LOL ...... ROTFL
Atleast a 9 pointer is digestable, if not quite agreeable... What's up with this 10??? Not even in my dreams!!! It's just one subject that I was talking about, remember.