Saturday, April 19, 2008

Down Memory Lane

RK Hall, Main Building, Dost Log(Couldn't get all in one),Mech Dep


As 4 years of IIT draw to a close (and as the final end sems draw near), it feels apt to take a trip down nostalgia lane. 4 years ago, I set foot into IIT with starry eyes and lofty ambitions. Will that 'ME' be satisfied with the 'ME' that is all set to roll out of this place??? So much has happened over the course of 4 years that I feel it should all be chronicled.

Had fun. Had mastooo fun. Awesome Section 8 in the first year. Made great friends. Bunked a lot of classes. Nasty NCC camp. Movie sessions in my room. Learnt cards games (Rummy and Bluff). Helped friends copy during exams. Supercool Darjeeling Trip. Steeled the rigorous OP period. Watched tonnes and tonnes of movies. Lost track of time playing QuizRoom1 -- Jumble + Trivia. Basketball. Exacting Mech dep courses. Put fight for a girlfriend -- No Luck. Vizag Steel Plant Intern. Gajuwaka Theaters rounded off. Lonely Hyundai Internship. Quizzed a lot. Won a number of prizes Quizzing. Made great, great friends (re emphasis). Sweated out hard for grades. Kshitij rocked. Intern Rocked. 'Twas Mall Time at Bangalore. Mysore-Ooty Trip was fun. Gobbled dozens of novels. SitComs on the Lan. BTP Toil. Spent Endless hours in QuizRoom2 -- Guess the Word. Flunked CAT. Landed a Job. Hosted Friends at home. Kalingapatnam beach trip rocked. Treats and Treats and Treats. Had fun. Put fight for a girlfriend -- No Luck. Farewells. Best outgoing Techie. Respect, perhaps. BTP Load again. Awaiting the future.
(to follow....... Last End sems, Grand Viva, B Tech Project presentation)
(in chronological order)

I've laughed and I've cried at times over the years here.
I've consoled and I've been pacified.
I've vented my ire and at times have been at the recieving end of it.
I've felt down and out at times and I've felt exuberant too.
I've worked hard and have also lazed a lot.
I've experienced success as well as failure in equal doses.
But, I've loved every moment of my stay here at IIT, Kharagpur and all that this place has thrown at me and taught me along the way. I wouldn't want to imagine these 4 years having gone by any other way.


7 comments:

Nag said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nag said...

So, You've tried twice 4 a GF :P ...
I like this style of blogging.It's like Cut, tie and bring :)...Even I wanted to post one, Luckily I forgot password of my account ... Thanx 4 calling me great :P ...
I would want to imagine these 4 years having gone by some other way :P(Academically).

Leela said...

Besto for the 'YOU' that is all set to roll out of there!

dreamer said...

Has been a wonderful ride together mate....and i'm going to miss -
pulling my leg for still being on the baski team :P
my source of novels
my source of cashews
attack on my sweets
and most of all....your kisses...muuuaaah

Anonymous said...

2003 to 2008 ..... 5 years of journey with you dear !! I am sure I shall be there in your Life's motley of emotions. May be I might not have been in contact with you frequently... but you were there for me whenever I wanted to share something.. Thanks a lot !! I am a shall be great fan of your blogs :)

Aditya said...

@ Nag

So now u know :P

And abt the academics, just chill dude... Rock Synfora :)

@ Leela

Thanku Thanku :)

Aditya said...

@ Dreamer

Will miss u a lot dude ;)

Hehe... Don't forget to boss over "Ur" Baski team next year :P

@ Saiki

Thanx for being there dude (or Anna as it used be 5 yrs ago). 5 years with you. Tons of memories....

You've been there for me always.... Be there forever [ or else who's going to read my blogs :P ]