Friday, April 25, 2008

Who's Cuter: The Pug or The Girl ???

Advertising is an art. It either makes or breaks a brand.

I loved Hutch ads -- more so, the pug in it. When Hutch became Vodafone, off went the pug. The effervescence and the warmth in the ads went missing and Vodafone ads turned out insipid and bland --Well, until they decided to bring back the pug.

So, the Vodafone guys take the pug and add some really lilting music and come up with an amazingly cute concept. And launch a massive campaign in the midst of IPL.
Stroke of Genius!!!

It's been a hot topic for discussion since, almost as much as IPL itself. Ever since I've seen the ad, I've been humming the jingle a lot. It's so damn addictive. Listen to it and then try getting it off your lips. :)




Everyday I want to fly, stay by my side...
Everyday I want to dream, stay by my side...

Every morning I wish I could just play....
Wish the mornings would just stay...

P.S: However cute this ad maybe, the Vodafone network in Bengal sucks big time. Period. Time for some magic from the ad to rub off on the network here.

Video Courtesy of Dave/Street'Dog'/10.110.9.49 :P


4 comments:

Twilight Fairy said...

IPL supposedly rocks... but unfortunately i live in my own little world n somehow just somehow it doesnt capture my attention even after i came out of iit n into the normal world for the time being...

Aditya said...

@TF

Hmm... Dats nice. Would love to know more and explore your shell.... But it would be worthwhile if you could come out of it once in a while :)

Hehe, Jus' Kidding.... Don't tell me you didn't like the jingle.

Leela said...

Yeah, I totally agree. One of those ads that makes you stop flipping channels and it has been executed perfectly.
Vodafone's good back here, though. So no cribs.

@Twilight Fairy
What is your craziness quotient in your normal-world-phase of existence?

Aditya said...

@ Leela
Nice Potshot at TF :)

@TF
Care to Answer??? :P