Thursday, October 05, 2006

Happy Birthday, My Friend.

Dear Friend,

It’s been ages since we met…. but you as a person have always remained close to my heart.
It seems like an eternity since we spoke…. but you remain my constant source of encouragement and inspiration.

I never knew what hit me. But I rendered it was the right thing to do. Maybe I was being harebrained. Maybe I was acting sensibly. But at that time I felt it was the right thing to do -- FOR US TO GROW APART.

The distance between us might never melt. I know I hurt your emotions a lot. But then I am not here to give any excuses. The moments we shared haunt me time and again. I can still feel the impact you had on me and you still have on me. Nobody has gotten close to knowing and understanding me as you did. I thank you with all my heart for the lovely moments we shared. Just wanted to say, “It would be nice to have you back as my friend”.

Haan, before I forget to wish you, Happy Birthday. So on the day that trumpets and echoes and celebrates the moment of your arrival into this world, I thank the heavens for your lovely presence and guidance in my life. Miss you in many ways, in ways words can never express.

Yours truly.

P.S : This was something I wrote yesterday, but was largely skeptical about posting. But then certain things are better not hidden. So I am posting this, a day later, after a lot of deliberation and thought.
Skepticism – for I believe my friend is never going to see this.
Deliberation and Thought lead me to summoning all courage and doing the right thing.

Photos Courtesy of Yahoo! Greetings and a little messy work in MS Paint.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm really sorry for all that has happened to ya dear.I know how it wud b when ur tryin to convey a message but certain things make u to back off.It was wise of u for not calling that person.Patience Kills..but it Wins.I feel one day that person is going to know evrythin.At last all i want to say is somethings aren't in our control, so don't feel that bad abt them.Life shud go on !!

Aravind said...

seems like dave knows sumthing more dan me [:D]
nyways dunno whom it was meant to reach.. but the pics look awesome
happy budday frnd and if only u can cut the cake, i will thr to eat it :D

Krithika said...

Oh..howw sweet..dun worry,ur friend should have got the msg..u never know,may be the friend is longing to talk to you..good luck!

p.s as for the prev posts see if u can relate to this..
http://memoirs-of-a-laid-back-life.blogspot.com/2006/09/pent-up.html

Anonymous said...

Donno who might be that lucky friend but one thing is sure whosoever might be closely associated with u other than the one mentioned in ur post would surely be very much moved(like myself) by your feelings and sentiments that your writing so heart touching reflects.And surely do never think that this work of urs will never be conveyed to your friend.Really raa for some timed I went back to our days in nalanda......Continue and keep going...

Aditya said...

@Ajay
You know me!!! Don't you??? Certain mistakes in life haunt us forever and maybe I was trying to correct one through this post....

@Aravind
Hehe, You have lots to know dude...
As for the cake, I guess you must have got me one from home... and lots of other home-made eatables... Wait I'm coming soon to your room....

@Krithika
Sometimes we mess up situations huge
And it is quite difficult to right the wrong... Was one sincere try from my side....

@Nag
Welcome back to Kgp... Missed you for so many days... really missed you a lot...Ask dave as well.....
Now that you are back, keep commenting regularly. You will soon get to know the entire story

@Saiki
Miss those ol' days... I dont wanna say nemore.... Thanx for being here and getting to know me better

Anonymous said...

Nice post ra..may be thats why it is said a good writeup of the feelings speaks more than words..Don't worry buddy..Im sure this friend would have got what you are trying to say n last but not least the pics are awesome.. thanks for the b'day cake n wishes as mine is also due this week[:P]

Shruti said...

that post sure says quite a bit about you!
hope your friends reads it.. wherever thay are.

Aditya said...

@Giri
I was ROFL when you mentioned on gtalk, what you thought after reading this...
neways nice to see ya back here!!!

@Shruti
Hehe... You will get to know a lot more if you keep coming back {and i stop being lazy ;) }
And the posts specific.... meant for a truly special person, who might after all see it!!!